- Mexico has exported 945k tonnes of sugar this season.
- This is more than in the last 5 years combined.
- A large majority of shipments have been to refiners accustomed to buying Brazilian VHP.
Mexican Exports Nearly Finished
- To date, Mexico has exported 945k tonnes to the world market.
Mexico 2018/19 Cumulative Export Flow
- This is a record volume due to their high production (6.4m tonnes) and lower quota access to the USA.
Mexican World Market Exports
- A large majority of the sugar shipped has been bulk raw sugars to refiners.
Mexican World Market Sugar Exports by Quality
- We believe most world market exports are now finished for the 2018/19 season.
- Morocco, Canada, and Uzbekistan have received 696k tonnes (73%) of the total Mexican world market exports.
- This has directly displaced Brazilian bulk VHP shipments to these origins.
Mexican World Market Shipments by Destination