- With the terminals already full and too soon for June nominations, the pace slowed down this week.
- Around 170kmt of raws were added to CS line up.
- One of the vessels is heading for UAE, taking total offtake to 300kmt this quarter – 100% increase yoy.
- Out of the 2.9mmt of raw sugar nominated for May exports in CS, around 1.5mmt have sailed so far.
- This leaves 1.4mmt to be shipped out in 10 days, which is not possible due to the logistical capacity of the terminals.
- We expect that around 2.3mmt could be exported in May, making the largest volume since 2017/18.
- We have been calling attention for the logistical competition between sugar and grains every season, since the space the sugar operating terminals allocate for grains impacts the pace of operation for sugar.
- And now you can browse the information and analyse port, terminal and yearly flows in our most recent addition in Czapp interactive data session – Brazil Logistics
- Out of the new nominations this week, 75kmt of raws to UAE.
- The other 2 vessels had not disclosed their destination at the time of writing.
- 3 destinations with volume that surpassed yoy: Algeria, Nigeria, and UAE.
- For more details on Brazil’s sugar exports, take a look at our Global Shipments Interactive Dashboard.
Other Opinions You May Be Interested In…